2004 Ultra build........

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Jokercraze

" JOKERS WILD "
Im going to look at 2004 Ultra it was recovers theft but has been repaired sense... So it's salvage title for that reason it was all cosmetic.
What you guys think this could sell for after doing complete 26 build and paint ?

looking at a 2001 for same idea! It's a tough thing to work #s on. No matter what you do to it, it's still seen by regular folks as what it is... a 8 yo bike with a salvage title. Maybe build to close enough to the price of a new SG, that way they can compare a badass ride to stock. Keep the graphics clean, that way you appeal to a larger group of buyers... these are thoughts I have, I will be interested to see what others here think... a few here have even sold bikes done the same way. Subscribed!

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I sold my Road King as a salvage title and I had nearly ZERO interest despite it being 100% perfect and asking 30% less than normal.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Dirt_Guy

Salvage is a tough sell from what I've heard. It's hard for someone to bite the bullet of paying 20-30-40 thousand for a custom bike with a salvage title because it is tough to get a bank loan for a salvage item. I think the only benefit of buying a salvage bike is making a badass ride for yourself.

Dirt_Guy

Yeah, only thing to do if the price is right, is go to someone and buy an aftermarket frame, then it becomes a new build based on the new frame, not the old one!

With an aftermarket frame, would the new title be considered a custom? Then insurance rates get jacked up don't they? Granted, it would be a custom build anyway so one should have the bike insured for what it is worth.

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
I'm not sure it would be enough of a positive thing to offset the frame cost. Financing on custom bikes is very difficult!

cthecope

Salvage is a tough sell from what I've heard. It's hard for someone to bite the bullet of paying 20-30-40 thousand for a custom bike with a salvage title because it is tough to get a bank loan for a salvage item. I think the only benefit of buying a salvage bike is making a badass ride for yourself.
Yep. I second that...people assume salvage is worst of the worst...but many are not...also insurance companies don’t always part with salvage harleys so easily ...ced