2003 Road King to Road Glide Conversion

USMC

2003 Road King to Road Glide Conversion

Took on a fun project this winter doing a road King to Road Glide Conversion. I Figured I would post on here if anyone was doing the same Project and had some questions.
20130326_202348.jpg20130326_202339.jpg

these Pictures are the complete inner fairing. Still wiring:1: more pictures to come.

Smurph44

I'm about to start on my conv... Did u buy a harness or extending wires? Checked on the harness today and its like $350 at my discount. $450 retail...

USMC

I used the wires from the tach to do the volt and tach gauges and I used a ground, 12 hot ang ing from another plug up front for the radio. If you are not going to put all thegauges and change the tank I would not do the wire harness. Sinister industies. Has a nice cap piece for the handle bars. That is what i used. Good luck with your build.

Smurph44

My bad hit the send button to soon... Haha. I am going to b changing my tank. Prob not gonna use all gauges but reading into the forum deeper last night I found out u can't add just the fairing harness on a RK u have to change the whole main. That's def a no go for me bc I can't imagine how much that'll cost. Do u no if this is true or am I mistaken?

USMC

I am not sure about the Harness. Because I did not want to change everything with the wiring is the reason I went the route I did. I only had to mess with 6 wires. This is what it looks like all done. I put Hawg Wired Tweeters in the lower two gauge holes. it was a fun project but it was expensive. you would be better getting a whole complete fairing and mounts.20130406_100136.jpg20130406_100154.jpg20130406_100223.jpg

Smurph44

Turned out good bro... I'm gonna do the full conversion. I've looked further into it and I'm just going to extend all my wires instead of doing the harness. More work but it'll save me a chunk of change. Thanks for ur info.

mowders1987

I have a 2000 Road King and I've purchased hard bags to replace the hard leather bags and an outer batwing fairing from a 2008 Road Glide. Obviously I don't have all the guages and really just want a stereo, but I'm having a hard time finding the inner fairing for just stereo and speakers. Also, the outer fairing is empty, so any ideas what I'm gonna need to get this conversion done?

DirtyDan

Well, you'll need the inner fairing, fairing mount bracket, speaker grills, radio mount bracket and some type of fairing support. you can run a complete hidden interior bracket, you could run like stock and support it off the crash bar or there are any number of hells foundry type brackets if you are not running a crash bar. i'm sure i missed something but thats a good start.

king04

I have no handle bar controls for the radio.I have to reach over to change it.

Latest posts