2001 RK rear end mods

bsw1nk

Site Supporter
I have a 2001 RK and Im looking to put a 180 or 200 on the rear. I am looking for suggestions or companies that make the swing arm and or a complete kit. So far I have contacted a few companies but no luck yet...:11:

jetlag

Nomad
Klock Werks sells a 180 kit....
Tim
No longer. Klock Werks discontinued the 180 rear fenders because they weren't selling enough of them.

The wider rear fender is half the battle, getting your wheel and tire centered, and everything fitted up is the other half. You don't need a wider swingarm, though. If you change to the 08 style rear brakes, it makes it a fairly simple conversion, you just need to center the wheel and make some custom spacers. I'm using a PM 18 x 5.5" rear wheel, but you can use a takeoff 16" wheel from the newer bikes as long as you convert the brakes to the newer style.

If you find a suitable rear fender, the rest should be pretty easy.

Shanno

I realize that this is an old post but, I have a 2007 Road Glide; do you know what size spacer I would need to use on the 18x5.5 rear wheel and do I have to notch the swingarm so the tire or belt wont hit? I hear that you don't have to change the swingarm for the 180 tire and 5.5" rear wheel.

Last edited:

Shanno

I realize that this is an old post but, I have a 2007 Road Glide; do you know what size spacer I would need to use on the 18x5.5 rear wheel and do I have to notch the swingarm so the tire or belt wont hit? I hear that you don't have to change the swingarm for the 180 tire and 5.5" rear wheel.

a.tek1

better yet... a whole how to write up including adjustments to drive belt/chain, spacers would be outstanding

Torch

Site Supporter
I have an '07 and did the 180 conversion on mine during my build, you don't need a new swingarm. Most of the details and Q&A are covered in there. If using the PM 5.5X18 wheel, you will need a 3.485" left side hub. Check it out here:
http://choppedbaggers.com/forums/showthread.php?9351-Just-Another-Home-Garage-Built-Black-StreetGlide

image (63).jpg

Latest posts