200/60/16?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Coach

Anybody running this size rear tire? If so how do you like it compared to a 180? Anybody running a car tire in a similar size?

Coach

Ive seen peeps do it, I just really wonder about cornering with a lego on the back for a tire. I get it has a bigger footprint and does look kinda cool. My boss has an 09 Ultra and it needs a need rear tire its sittin on a 180/65/16 now and I was assuming he could go to a 200/60/16. Just didnt know for sure. Fixxing to do homemade airride set up while doing the rear tire swap.

thecort

Seems like more than a few ride with one. Haven't heard of any problems though.

Tap it!

Coach

I know that 09 and up came with the big rear tire. Just wondering how big you can squeeze in there.

dbell66253

One of THE 150!
I know that 09 and up came with the big rear tire. Just wondering how big you can squeeze in there.

I've seen several threads on another forum that have the 09 up with 200 tires with no issues. As for the "darkside" car tire, many do that also, they even state what brands work best, seems there's a run flat out now that's really selling well.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
If had the 180 then it'll work.. Not sure if its spacers you can change or if you'll need a big wheel?

Bill... Bill.. I know Bill has a 200 on his red sg..

Yup, I currently have a 200/50-17 and my last tire was a 200/55-17. I am not sure what the width of the stock rim is but I am pretty sure you want a little wider rear wheel to put a 200 on the "right way."

If you get the wider wheel "and maybe without it" the 200 fits with no other mods.

TNTCC

Site Supporter
200/60R-16 Avon radial fits great as well as handling great rain or shine. Looks big as shit under there as well. Just switched prior to a 700 mile trip south. Sunny and nice on way down and rainy and cold on way home. Stuck great. As far as a car tire, if I were doing nothing but cruising down the interstate maybe but no way you can tell me a flat profile tire corners like a rounded profile. Been there and tried it.

Coach

Thanks guys. Just went with the stock size for now. I'm gonna agree with the car tire. Can't see it doing well in corners.

Latest posts