2 channel arc or 4 channel fosgate,help

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

dirtracer27x

ok so i have finish up and i am pretty happy.arc 125x2,hertz hcx165,and a set of kardesign 6x9 in bags.sound great but still wanting more.

what amp would be a better choice to run my set up?my current set up runnin @2 ohms with arc,or go with the 4 channel rockford at 4 ohms.from what i see the fosgate is putting out rated rms.my arc sound great but after a hour of cranking it at 93 degrees seems it got hot and went in to shutdown.let me know what you guys think,thanks.i have both amps and not sure if i should go thru the trouble of putting the fosgate in before street vibrations.

Stone King

ok so i have finish up and i am pretty happy.arc 125x2,hertz hcx165,and a set of kardesign 6x9 in bags.sound great but still wanting more.

what amp would be a better choice to run my set up?my current set up runnin @2 ohms with arc,or go with the 4 channel rockford at 4 ohms.from what i see the fosgate is putting out rated rms.my arc sound great but after a hour of cranking it at 93 degrees seems it got hot and went in to shutdown.let me know what you guys think,thanks.i have both amps and not sure if i should go thru the trouble of putting the fosgate in before street vibrations.

Have you tried running those speakers at 4ohms? that what they are usually ran at. Also what kind of bike is it?

dirtracer27x

im runnin all four speaks,both 6x9 on paralell on right channel and set of hertz hcx 165 on left channel and 2ohms.ran the set of hertz 165 @ 4 ohms but was still wanting more :)

Stone King

im runnin all four speaks,both 6x9 on paralell on right channel and set of hertz hcx 165 on left channel and 2ohms.ran the set of hertz 165 @ 4 ohms but was still wanting more :)

Def understand that lol.
I think that may be why the amp gets so hot. I know the alpine PDX-F6 might be a good choice. Its 150 per channel at 4 or 2 ohms

Zach

Site Supporter
i am also running an ARC 125.2 the same way you are. I don't think that Fosgate will sound noticably better. May even not sound quote as good. I also think they ARC will stay cooler longer. Lots of reports on the Fosgates over heating.

Sounds like you need to step up to something on the next level like an JL Audio XD. Just wish those could fit in a fairing.

Zach

dirtracer27x

thats good to know,maybe ill just sell it.dont really want to take up anymore bag space on system.will the jl fit inbetween the glove box like my arc.

Zach

Site Supporter
Thanks Opunui. I'll have to measure it out. I didn't think it would fit. I wonder if there is more room on a batwing than a road glide?

Zach

Zach

Site Supporter
Thanks. I'm going to pull all the speaker wiring and redo it cleaner and with larger wire pretty soon. I found the XD dimensions online so I'll measue it all out when I pull the fairing next time. I want to upgrade my fairing speakers to 6.5 and possibly add another set to the lower part of the inner fairing. Thinking about throwing in a set of those 8" mid drivers DA Performance is running as well.

I'm hoping I can run the XD amp on top of the deck to run the 8's and 6x9's in the bags, then find a place in the fairing to put the ARC to run the 4 6.5's up front. It's going to get crowded.

Zach

Bill

I used to own some shit!
FYI the Medallion Head Unit mounts on an angle so it gives you a little more room to mount an amp.

Got mine from Soundz Customz.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

RLJ676

I'd recommend running both rights parallel on one channel and both lefts on the other. Stereo means 2 channels, left and right and the sound won't be right (correct) if your front is right and your rear left, if you follow what I mean.

dirtracer27x

ok so for me imo the verdict is in,just hooked up the pbr 4 channel.have the gains almost all the way up to be equal with the car.there is much less mid bass with the rf then i had with the arc.also the amp gets etremely hot just playin for 15 min in my garage.lets just say its comin out and up for sale

dirtracer27x

is that how most people are installing them?the heat was a huge issue for me,that amp got HOT!!switched the arc back in just now and ran at same volume,arc runs much cooler.the rf did sound crisp on the high end but the arc just seems so much more full frequency wise.

Latest posts