1st bagger. need some opinions

Iowabagger319

Site Supporter
hey guys! just purchase my 2013 sg vivd black. its my first bagger build and to be honest my first harley. i have always been in to sportbikes and dirt bikes. that is until i rode my buddies 12 street glide. then i was hooked and really became obsessed when i found the forum and the endless ways to spend money! lol when i purchased my sg i bought it for 20250$ and got a 3500 dollar parts credit. so i purchased 12inch apes and all chrome lines, all chrome controls, master cylinder and what not. vance and hines power duals, screaming eagle big air breather with the chrome cover, and power commander 5. i was going back and forth on far i wanna take this build. i love the 26 inch bikes! however also in that parts credit i was talked out of the 26 because "they handle like crap and wobble" so i made the hasty decision to purchase the 19inch CVO streetglide setup. tire, wheels and dual rotors. its a great looking wheel but now that im getting ready to purchase bags, fender and side panels from top shop (insert your opinion on bag styles) i just think its going to look dumb all slammed with drop bags, 12inch apes and 19inch wheel. so im looking at going with a no cut ( trees only) rake kit with a 26inch setup. (insert your opinion on the best setup). doing that will my new rotors i just bought work with the 26inch wheel? andwould anybody be interested in the cvo wheel or should i just say screw it and run it for awhile and make my 26inch a project for next year? i also wanna lower it. any opinions on how to go about that? no opinions on the cheesy first harley pics! hahaha they were taken as a screw you photo to send to all the people that told me i didnt need a harley! thanks for looking guys and looking forward to your help and opinions
photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 4.jpgView attachment 17631

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
Welcome to the forum

2-6wobble? Not hardly.. Unless its done wrong..

Several options, take time to read a little, lots of opinions and the main component is getting your trail numbers correct..

Read some of the bike build threads.. And have a great time!

Read rear air ride 101 for lowering.

Thanks for being a part of our wonderful community!!
www.choppedbaggers.com
http://www.shop.choppedbaggers.com
Get your Chopped Bagger Swag!
Venders Contact ME?

SIC-King

26 or 30. The only way to go. I currently have a 23 with HHI tripple trees. Rides great. I am having a 26 installed now and it will ride the same.

Chip

Welcome to the forum. This forum has a lot of great knowledge & a lot of great people. As you will soon learn when it comes to Harleys the upgrades are never ending..... Don't ask me how I know. Have fun with you "New Bagger."

motrhd

Sounds like the dealer fed you a line just to sell you the 19, will they take it back? I would go with the 26 and if you don't want to spend the extra money for neck rake and trees, at least go 23 and trees, and at the very least do a 21.
Please understand that this is just one opinion.

Stone King

welcome from Boston. The dealer will tell you anything to get your money. The 26 has been proven by plenty of members on here. I personally have not rode a 26 only have a 21, but too many have done it with no problems.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Got 7,000 +++ miles on a 26", your dealer is full of poo... Greg Thomason may be able to make you a one off wheel that will match/integrate those rotors.

Check out Top Shops new kit "pic attached"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

WarEagle

Site Supporter
I'm new myself & was perfectly happy with my 21" until I found this forum. Planning on the 26" wheel after I recover from the money spent on the rear. To me a smaller wheel with the stretched bags & fender looks better for a short period rather than the large front wheel & stock bags. As others have said top shop make's some awesome products, just got my bags & fender last week.

BIG MARC

Welcome from Sin City.I've been on a 26 now well over a year,I have the raked triple trees been to AZ,CA and UT & bacc no worries.I'm a heavy dude so I made my own airride from a classic chevy air shocc system with dump valve & mini compressor.GL

thecort

Congrats on the new bike purchase, you're gonna love it. Hey just a curious question? That $20,500 you paid, is that the "out the door" price or before taxes etc?

Welcome to the forum bro.

Iowabagger319

Site Supporter
i paid 20,250 and i had to pay my own txt title and license. but i did get a 3500 parts credit.
Congrats on the new bike purchase, you're gonna love it. Hey just a curious question? That $20,500 you paid, is that the "out the door" price or before taxes etc?

Welcome to the forum bro.

Iowabagger319

Site Supporter
hey bill thanks for the information. good idea I'm definitely gun reach out to greg. and i do like the those top shop bags but i want duals out the back. are those the black death kit?

Got 7,000 +++ miles on a 26", your dealer is full of poo... Greg Thomason may be able to make you a one off wheel that will match/integrate those rotors.

Check out Top Shops new kit "pic attached"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Iowabagger319

Site Supporter
i was thinking of doing the kewl metal 40* rake kit. its like 2500 bucks you dont cut the frame and can run a 26. whats your thoughts on that? thanks to everyone for the help!

bdschumaker

BiRdY
to go a 26 the correct way is to cut & trees, if your completely against it, do some more research and think about it again. You will find mixed opinions on only trees with a 26. I believe there are a few members that run tricky trees and a 26 w/ no cut. They are vendor here so hit them up also.

Latest posts