1999 Roadstar garage build... I'm new, be gentle!!!

slothy

Balls
you have a extra pressure gauge laying around? shove one between bottle and block and see whats going on

PAhumbug

Site Supporter
Awesome, I haven't had any time this summer to work on it anyway. Still have a pile of projects in front of me and next thing you know they holidays will be here. Hopefully I can get back at it sooner than later...

PAhumbug

Site Supporter
Well, it's been 2.5 years since I've worked on my build. I went through a nasty divorce, had to sell the house, and currently don't have a garage. The bike is sitting in my dad's barn collecting dust about an hour away. I spoke to Brian Veney and he no longer sells parts or builds bikes. I was hoping to have him finish it for me. Does anyone know of a builder that won't shy away from a metric build? Driving distance would be nice too, I'm in western PA.

slim320

Well, it's been 2.5 years since I've worked on my build. I went through a nasty divorce, had to sell the house, and currently don't have a garage. The bike is sitting in my dad's barn collecting dust about an hour away. I spoke to Brian Veney and he no longer sells parts or builds bikes. I was hoping to have him finish it for me. Does anyone know of a builder that won't shy away from a metric build? Driving distance would be nice too, I'm in western PA.
Buddy, if I had more time and you were closer, I'd be more than happy to help you finish this build. I spent 2 years building a Stratoliner so I'm very familiar with the Yamaha bikes. I also know Brian Veney and he helped me out some too. I may have HD's now, but I still have a love for the Star bikes.

PAhumbug

Site Supporter
Oh man, you sound like the kind of guy I need lol. Where are you at anyway?

Life usually gets in the way and with me it is usually me almost lopping a finger off, catching myself on fire, walking in to a wall or my business and travel gets in the way. Please keep up on it though if you can, I think your efforts to navigate the issues of a build were creative and well done. I think many of us have been in a similar situation and you have to preserver even if it is just a bit here and there.

Keep a logbook of things you had to do to make things work and how you overcame challenges.

Do you have a list of things you need to get done? Maybe if you break it down there are folks who can help you figure it out one way or another. My very short time here I see a lot of people that are motivated and helpful. So maybe if you smack at one or two or ten bees at a time instead of worrying about the whole swarm attacking you it'll progress and get you motivated. I think I am on the other side of the country but if I can lend some knowledge or whatever I'd be happy to do so.

Good luck I really hope you can get it done.

Latest posts