• Hello there Guest! Welcome to ChoppedBaggers.com, why not introduce yourself to the group in the Introduction forum, click here!

'14 Street Glide Living Room Build

Red Rocket

Thanks again for all the compliments. I decided to buy a '14 chopped tour pack so I'm waiting on that and I now have another outer fairing so I can rake it and paint it, then just swap it out for the one that bubbled on me. This time I'll be following Frankie Wallnuts method and materials so it won't happen again. I've been riding the shit out of it so I'll wait until riding season is over, have any pieces repainted that need it, and then decide if I want to do some pinstriping.

Sticky4

Site Supporter
I have never had a wobble going straight, only high speed cornering like I said. Like 70-90 mph around gentle curves either in the country on a 2-lane or on an interstate. I'm not sure if its the bloicks or not, but I've heard others mention the same thing. They're out now so I'll see.
From what I've been told if you run the lowering blocks that don't push you shocks out it will not wobble. That being said with my air and lowering blocks I have a slight wobble at 80. But that's okay I consider it my speed limiter! Haha

Just installed my AS bolt on and 26. Hopefully it rides the same!

busaguy11

I saw that you are using the Infamous customs 7.7 lids. How do you like them and how was the fitment on them? Also what are they made of fiberglass or the ppo mold injected. Thanks your bike looks amazing man.

Red Rocket

The Infamous lids are a perfect fit and ready to paint, no bodywork needed. They're injection molded from what I can tell; they're a 2- layer setup. There's the outer part where the speaker mounts, then there's an inner shell that fits the '14 lid hardware. Pretty trick makeup. I am extremely happy; perfect fit, ready to scuff and paint, and solid as hell. Only thing to remember is to order a new gasket set. I would have thought they would come with a set considering the price. Thanks for the compliment!

Red Rocket

Haven't been on in awhile so I thought I'd update the thread. I f'd up the outer fairing I bought to rake by cutting it too close to the front so I ended up making do with a few bubbles in my original. I have been riding a lot and awhile ago noticed the Vee Rubber 26" tire was wearing uneven, cupping, and had a couple places where it had broke down. Then on the day I decided to quit riding and fix that, one of my legs for my MRI center stand fell off on my way home and was lost. I've been working on getting these things taken care of. Hogpro has been working with me on the tire under warranty and after MRI tried to rape me over a leg, a couple members here are helping me on that front. I love this forum. Thanks.

bluecollar84

Beautiful bike man! I feel you on your front wheel issues. Had my chrome 26 ruined by a local who swore he could do it. After having it refinished I started changed the tires myself with zip ties! Good luck with the tire also, if you have the chance switch to a Metz. You will love it compared to your Vee.

Red Rocket

Beautiful bike man! I feel you on your front wheel issues. Had my chrome 26 ruined by a local who swore he could do it. After having it refinished I started changed the tires myself with zip ties! Good luck with the tire also, if you have the chance switch to a Metz. You will love it compared to your Vee.
Thanks. I will def do a Metz next time. Hogpro swapped the Vee out no charge so that was good. And a member helped me out with free center stand legs. I'm starting to feel a wobble in the front now so I'm thinking I may need to set the fall away again but not looking forward to that. Riding season just started here in the NW.

Latest posts