07 street glide cd player issue

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

built

One of THE 150!
since day one my stock cd player skips like crazy over 70-80mph. radio works fine as well as aux and i can't figure it out. i replaced all the broken fairing brackets. used the updated speaker brackets and 90* 1/8" steel elbows so the fairing brackets will never break again. now i have the J&M audio speakers and a new HARMAN KARDON RADIO AND IT STILL SKIPS!?!?! what gives?

built

One of THE 150!
it's gotta be something im missing. it does it with two different units on my bike. none of my friends have this issue and my buddy i got the second cd player from had zero issues with it on his bike

Peterod45

Strange. I rode my brothers'06 SG over the weekend and over 80 the cd just stopped working. I asked him about it, and he said it skips over 70-75 all the time. That's BS!

Plus, you have an '07 w a 6 speed, so I doubt it's the vibes. Hmmmmm...

bradwulf20

you could also go aftermarket. depending what you are looking for. medalion make an excelent replacement with no moving parts to malfunction due to the vibration that we all know every harley creates

slothy

Balls
wasn't there a issue at one point with something touching, upper clamp or something causing more vibration on the radio then normal? i remember seeing something on the hd forums awhile ago.

built

One of THE 150!
I have two hk radios and it does it with both. I'm thinking it could be something I'm missing? Bushings on the bracket? Idk