04 RK Motor Upgrade

Big Hoss

Been awhile...glad to be back on the site.

My 04 RK “Mad Irish King” in the shop getting motor upgrade. Big Bore kit....diamond cuts....powder coating....custom covers...here a little tease of the progress. Hope you like. Then heading to shop for dyno tanning and computer programming. After all done going for a Ceramix coating on whole bike...great protection and easy to clean.

Attachments

HarleyCruiser

Site Supporter
Been awhile...glad to be back on the site.

My 04 RK “Mad Irish King” in the shop getting motor upgrade. Big Bore kit....diamond cuts....powder coating....custom covers...here a little tease of the progress. Hope you like. Then heading to shop for dyno tanning and computer programming. After all done going for a Ceramix coating on whole bike...great protection and easy to clean.
Oh yeah, I like that color combination, that is going to be nice. What size motor, cam are you going with, are you doing anything on the heads?

Big Hoss

So I’m. Not the motor guy...it’s at buddies shop. We’re going with 97” Big bore...deck the heads for higher compression...a compression release...changed to gear drive cams...high lift valve springs...open runners up in heads...changed to power commander and high flow intake. Gonna get dyno and computer tuned...should be around 100-105HP. Can’t wait....gonna be sick.

HarleyCruiser

Site Supporter
So I’m. Not the motor guy...it’s at buddies shop. We’re going with 97” Big bore...deck the heads for higher compression...a compression release...changed to gear drive cams...high lift valve springs...open runners up in heads...changed to power commander and high flow intake. Gonna get dyno and computer tuned...should be around 100-105HP. Can’t wait....gonna be sick.
Hoss, that sounds like fun the 97 is a sound motor if done right, if you are running the stock bottom end you need to be careful with it but sure you know that.
I'm still running the stock 88's, with the late heads and a mouse 21 cam, I was surprised how much more fun the extra power is and I'm only around 75 hp. I'm tempted to go to the S&S 100 but just can't justify tearing down a good running bike and the extra three cubes for the money is hard to justify over the 97.
(Oh man do not listen to the voices in your head Cruiser, resist the demonic temptation, you do not need any more power, repeat, you do not need any more power)
Anyway, Yours should be a blast to ride, let us know how it turns out.

Big Hoss

Yea sure will. Like I said I’m not a motor guy...more the cosmetic look of bikes. My buddy building it is amazing. He diamond cut everything....gonna be sick. Also finally getting to add center stand...it’s had air but never did center stand. Made some small changes here and there too. It’s going to be in a calander shoot too. My buddy doing a shop calander of all bikes he’s built or worked in. I’ll post pics as it comes along.

Big Hoss

He does it all by hand....most all bike shops and even HD dealers send cans to my buddy to cut...he does amazing job. Can’t wait to post the bike when done...amazing artwork coming

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
That is going to be heck of a bike riding down the road. Can't wait to see the final product!!

Latest posts